Thursday 23 January 2014

Layout and Bonus Card

Hi guys! As promised last post here's a look at a scrapbook layout I created before Christmas and a card I made with an off cut from the layout before packing away the products I had spread all over my craft desk.





These clouds were made using an embossing folder that is retired, but you could easily create a simaler effect using the Word Bubbles Framelits Dies available in the 2014 Occasions Catalogue on sale January 28 to June 30. Once they go live for sale in my store I'll add the link here.


 I made the ribbon accent longer than the page to give myself the option of placing it at an angle but decided it looked better straight. When I cut off the extra, I thought of throwing it away for a second then realised I quite liked it so decided to make a card using it as the focal point.


I'm always keeping things, I'll admit it, I am a hoarder. But I'm trying to change my ways, so I made myself use it straight away. This is something I'm trying to do to help reduce all the little bits and pieces that clutter my craft table. If I think it's too cute or is usable, I've got to try and use it or loose it. I'm happy with the end result of the card. After stamping and cutting the sentiment I realised I'd done so on white cardstock when the card base was vanilla, so I placed a clear block onto my baked brown sugar ink pad and then spritzed it with some water and transferred the wet ink onto the paper using my finger, it saved diving into my stash for some vanilla and stamping the image again and throwing away the white one. I quite like the affect.


I hope this encourages you to use your scraps up, 

Cheers 
Ange



No comments:

Post a Comment