Tuesday 21 January 2014

Card Pairs

Hi guys, how are you all doing? Well I hope. If you're in need of some card inspiration I hope I'm able to help you out with this post. Today I've got two pair of cards I made simply because I wanted to play with some stamps I hadn't used in a while. The first pair are identical apart from the ink colours used on the edges of the elements.
The first one uses one of the new In Colors Pistachio Pudding,


And on the second one I changed from the Pistachio Pudding to Island Indigo,


I'm not sure which I prefer, I wanted to used a light brown to ink the edges but had challenged myself to stick to the colours found in the piece of Venetian Romance DSP I used on the card. I think I'll make another one of these someday and use Soft Suede on the edges just to settle my mind.


The second pair of cards are also pretty much identical, I jut swapped out the greetings and slightly moved elements around. 




The sentiment on the first card comes from the set Hello, Lovely, and the image on the second card is from the set Lots of Thanks.



Which do you prefer? I usually try to make cards in pairs because that way I can give one away when I'm making one for someone and add the other to my stash. I find it more productive to just stamp and cut everything twice and it actually saves time as everything is already out on the table. The second pair of cards I made using scrap DSP left over from the first two. That is something else I try to do, use leftovers on additional cards before putting everything away. In my next post I'll show you an example of a card I made with left overs from a scrapbook layout I created. I hope you pop by and check it out.


Thanks for stopping by, if you have any questions don't hesitate to leave them below,

Cheers
Ange 

No comments:

Post a Comment