Thursday 10 April 2014

Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit

 Hi guys! How are you all? It's a miserably wet day here in North East Victoria, perfect weather for staying inside crafting if you can and lucky for me that's what I've been doing! Although I actually put this wreath together a week ago, I just hadn't got round to posting it, so it's also perfect weather for blogging!

I don't know why it took me so long to put this kit together, I've had it sitting on the edge of my desk for almost two months. It's crazy I know. I had to get it but then it just sat there. I think I was a little daunted by having to get out and play with the glue gun. I shouldn't have been worried at all, it came together easily and only took about two hours. I was so happy with the end result that I'm thinking of getting another one to put together and give as a gift, it's that pretty.

If you'd like to purchase one of these kits, simply click here. Everything you need is in the kit except for scissors to cut the ribbon and thread and a hot glue gun for adhering it all together. I'd also recommend a Silicone Craft Sheet to protect your work surface and make assembling the flowers easier and Mini Glue Dots as I used glue dots to glue the individual circle petals then the hot glue gun to glue the circles together to create the flowers. You can use hot glue instead of mini glue dots, I was just trying to minimise the hot glue usage as I end up with strands of it everywhere.

The Kit








And here's a picture of it hanging on the door to my craft room.


Products used in this were simply the Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath KitMini Glue DotsPaper SnipsSilicone Craft Sheet and a hot glue gun.

I had so much fun creating this wreath that I couldn't wait to use the little bit of burlap ribbon I had left over and used some of the Sale-A-Bration paper Sweet Sorbet to make my own take on these circle flowers. I added them as a belly band to one of Stampin' Up!'s Tag a Box. I love it almost as much as the wreath! Let me know which you think looks best.



Now that I've finally posted about this awesome kit I'm off to play with another new product that landed on my desk this week, the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit. I'll let you know how I go soon. Until then, happy crafting everyone!

Cheers
Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment