Saturday 12 April 2014

Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit

Hi guys! As promised I'm here to share a few things I've made with the new Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit. With what's included in this kit you can make 20 cards with envelopes and all you'll need is the kit and a pair of scissors. How great is that?! So far I've only made 4 cards and a layout and have only been using one of the five sheets of card stock stickers in the kit. I haven't touched the other four sheets yet so this should give you an idea of how much you can achieve with this awesome kit.

First I'll share the cards. When I opened my kit and went to use the Basic Grey Stampin' Spot it was dry, so dry I couldn't even ink up a stamp once. I had my Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad on my desk so the first card I made has a black sentiment instead of grey as I simply couldn't wait to get ink on that cute stamp. The others have grey as I got up and walked over to the other side of my craft room to get my Basic Grey Classic Stampin' Pad! I know, I have a problem lol! After a quick play with the kit I contacted Stampin' Up! to let them know about the problem with the Stampin' Spot and they're sending me a new Basic Grey Classic Stampin' Pad as a replacement. This is one of the many things I love about this company, they stand by their products and are quick and happy to replace any product you receive that's faulty. It's one of those things that seems to be slowly disappearing nowadays called customer service.










Now these cards I just made without paying any attention to the instructions in the kit as I just wanted to use one sheet of the stickers to begin with. In the kit there is a fold out sheet that has colour pictures of all 20 cards you can make with the kit so you can easily make them without having to over think things if you want. But as soon as I saw this kit advertised I'd thought how great the lined stickers would be as journalling spots on scrapbooking layouts so I chose to just wing it with the cards and used some stickers on the following layout.




I also used one of the card bases as a photo mat, so now I have a spare envelope I can use on another layout. The Designer Series Paper background of this layout is a retired paper, but is currently available in the Clearance Rack while stocks last, at at less than half the original price. So if you like it, grab it while you can! The leaves and doily are all cut from the packing paper from delivery boxes of Stampin' Up! goodness. I thought this colour match the card base much better than Crumb Cake card stock.


I hope this encourages you to take a look at the new Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit, I think this is a very exciting new product from Stampin' Up! 

Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting everyone!

Cheers
Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment