Monday 10 February 2014

Gold Sequin and Gorgeous Grunge Birthday Card

Hi guys! How was everyone's weekend? Hubby and I spend Saturday at the 128th Annual Tolmie Sports Day so expect to see some layouts in future posts with photos of wood choppers and dog jumping as they were some of the many entertaining events we saw. It was a great day even with the heat as it's been this weekend in North East Victoria, hot, hot and hot. At least we've been spared the damaging fires that burned around Melbourne outer suburbs and the Gippsland area so far.

I'm still waiting on my new goodies to arrive so in the meantime here is a quick look at a card I made using the stamp set Gorgeous Grunge with a few of the new gold sequins thrown on for good measure. These are the only other item from the new Occasions catalogue that I pre ordered. They come stitched together to form a trim which can be used to some extent like ribbon, but can also easily be pulled apart and used individually on a project.




I've simply used dabs of Tombo glue to adhere the sequins to the card front. I love the shine they add to the card without making it all glittery and girly.


I hope you like this card and are managing to stay cool and safe during this hot weather and bush fires currently happening around Victoria. Even though houses have bee lost in fires yesterday, I'm glad it was only houses and not any lives. The homes can be rebuilt, but loved ones cannot be replaced. I'd like to say a big thank you to all the fire fighters and other services that managed to keep everyone safe yesterday. Job well done. Continue to stay safe everyone.

Cheers
Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment